The professional staff of Defacto Consultancy (hereinafter referred to as Agency) is committed to respecting the principles of the Code of Research Ethics (hereinafter referred to as the Code) in their work.
By adopting this Code we are committing to maintaining high standards of scientific competence, integrity and transparency in the conduct, analysis and presentation of research.
By adopting this Code we are committing to maintaining good working relationships with respondents and clients.
By adopting this Code we are committing to rejecting all the tasks and duties that would require activities inconsistent with the principles of this Code.
Principles of professional responsibility in dealing with third parties
1. Respondents and potential respondents and subjects of study (hereinafter referred to as respondents)
- We will avoid practices and methods that can hurt, threaten, humiliate, or in any way mislead respondents.
- We will respect the will of the respondents in the case of refusal to answer certain questions in the questionnaire or refuse to provide certain information to the interviewer.
- We will provide information to the respondent about the way his personal data will be protected.
- Participation in polls and other forms of research is on a voluntary basis.
- We will provide sufficient information about the research to all potential respondents so that they can make an informed decision about whether they wish to participate.
- Respondents will be familiar with all the necessary information about the client that ordered the research.
- We will not misrepresent the findings of the research, nor implement other activities under the disguise of the survey and public opinion research.
- If the interviewee in advance and independently waives anonymity all information that alone or in combination with other information, may identify subjects will be considered confidential.
- We will not use the names or other personal information for other purposes unless specifically allowed to by respondents.
- In business transactions with private customers all the information and findings obtained in this particular survey for clients will be confidential, except in cases where the public disclosure of such information is authorized by the client.
- The Agency reserves the right to use certain information from the research for promotional purposes if it determines that it is in no way can cause harm to the client or reduce the value of the research findings that the customer paid , and when it finds that enough time has elapsed from the time of implementation research to moment of the use of certain data.
- We will be aware of the limitations of research techniques and our knowledge, and we will accept only those research projects that we can professionally execute.
- All clients of the agency will be familiar with the principles of confidentiality under this Code, as well as specific information to be released, concerning the methods and ways of conducting research.
- On reasonable basis we will foster the adoption of our principles and the principles of the Code of confidentiality by our clients.
- We will correct all the mistakes in our work that may affect the interpretation of the findings and submit updates the original recipients of the results.
- We will try reasonably to correct the misinterpretation of facts and our data or analysis, including misinterpretation by the research partners , sponsors or clients. We are aware that different type of data analysis typically does not lead to misreading. In the case of public misinterpretation of data, these errors will be corrected to the extent possible.
Principles of professionalism in the agency
1. We will work on the design of research models and techniques, and we will pay special attention to the collection, processing and analysis of data to ensure the reliability and validity of the results.
- We will recommend and use only the research methods that we believe are appropriate for the specific research questions.
- We will not knowingly put forward views that are contrary to available data, nor will we knowingly allow such practices to third parties.
- We will not knowingly solicit analyzes that do not correspond to the data collected from the survey.
- We will not knowingly plagiarize and forge.
- We will precisely describe the research of other entities to which the data we refer to in our research.
2. We will describe their research methods accurately and in detail in all research reports in accordance with the standards of confidentiality.
Standards for public use data
Good practice dictates to all professional polling Agencies to disclose certain information about survey methodology and implementation and make it available to the public. In case the research is conducted for a particular client the same information should be available to the client along with the results and findings of the research.
1. The following items will be included in every report about the research and made available after release of the report:
- Who has funded a research study and who conducted the research,
- The exact wording of questions and the presentation of questions and answers,
- The definition of the population covered by the survey research,
- Details on the model and method of sampling,
- The size and standard error of the sample as well as description of the post-stratification process.